They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Invincible!

Invincible? No, not lately. My knee still hurts. I got sunburned the other day. My old wounds still haven't healed. 

Impervious? No, not really. Although I haven't caught the current madness. I still have to deal with it and come up with ways of coping  with what I personally don't have. 

Invisible? No, not when I need to be. Not when there's misunderstanding to bring my way. Or pain. Or if someone just needs a new villain for their  personal movie. 

Intelligible? No, not that I'm told. Everyone says they understand. Although their actions prove the contrary. But what do I know. They say they understand. 

Intellectual? No, not that I can see. I repeat the words of a physicist and I'm told that that's not correct. Of course I'm the only one who actually looked it up. 

Immortal? No, not possible. I died years ago. My soul just doesn't have anywhere else to go. Hell won't take me without a vaccination passport. And Heaven?, Heaven laughed when I showed up. 

Impractical? No, not likely. I practically have a use for all of the things that I don't do. There's a reason for all the things people find unreasonable about me. 

No, I'm not much of a superhero anymore. The hours were long and irregular. And it turns out it's far too dependent upon somebody calling for help. The people calling for one wouldn't recognise it if it pulled them off of a burning building. You'd be amazed at how many times you get spit on for pulling someone off of a roof. 

You get betrayed by your own kin. It always turns out that it's your friends that are your arch enemies. And they say crazy will become your bedfellow. And they weren't wrong. 

You'll be judged by the standards of today what you did yesterday. And today's standards are insane. Just because the people of today are resentful that they needed to be saved at all. 

There are people to be saved. But you can only fly as long as you believe. And when you don't believe you need to be saved. Then good luck trying to find someone to answer the call. 

No, I'm not much of a superhero anymore. I'm unemployed, wondering, and regretting my career path. 

I should have listened to Edna,
"No Capes!!"


Comments

  1. I hav e no words for this write except for...this doesn't feel like a story
    but more like a diary. It comes from way down deep. But brilliantly
    written as usual. Voo , former Superhero also....sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear dear Voo, this whole site is a diary. And I'm blessed anytime you read and comment ...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews