They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Somebody's baby

God the first time I saw her. Her eyes were so bright and searching. It was as if the world was new for her. That she was a spirit that just wanted to be free. I had never seen such newness even in the eyes of a baby. 

She had a walk that told you all at once that she had nowhere particular to go and she was sure of where she was headed. Listening to her talk even for the briefest of times you would find yourself being lost in the melody of just how she spoke. Never even remembering what it is she was saying. 

I remember just wanting to lie down while she spoke and let her voice take me to a dream that I've never had before. Her laugh was something you just had to hear again, and again. Too perfect to be real. Too bright to be faked. 

With the touch of a Valkyrie that all at once told you that you had done enough and you were worthy. That there was a happier place to be led to. An embrace warmed to the touch but cool to the soul. 

Yeah, she's probably somebody's baby. She must be somebody's baby. Somebody's only light gonna shine tonight. 

The guys I run with, Jesus, God, even Lucifer kid me all the time. They know how I feel. Always trying to egg me on. "Make her mine tonight." "Make her shine tonight." "She's gotta be somebody's baby." 

She's so beautiful. It hurts just to look at her. To know that someone is more lucky than anyone else in the world. And that somebody may not be me. How does a man step to a walking angel? By the way she holds her head I just want to caress her cheek. 

She's gotta be somebody's baby. 

A deep seated trepidation in my heart.. An intimidation in my brain. It hits me. If her intellect is as bright and perfect as her looks then I will die here and now for no one can live without her. And why would I want to. 

She's so fine. 

How far would I have to turn back time to start my training all over again? What classes would I need to take? What clubs would I need to join? Who would I need to have in my life to introduce me?  It hurts. It hurts. Make her mine tonight. Make her shine tonight. 

I'm just a sci fi geek outside of a convention.. Oh my God did I just hear her quote from the Dune book? "The spice must flow.".... Chani?! My beloved!!!!....  She's gonna be somebody's baby. 

She must be somebody's baby. She's probably somebody's baby. Somebody's only light. Shine for me tonight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No reason. It's just the guys I run with dared me to write about it...

Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews