They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Arabian Girl





Shaherazad tells a thousand tales. Of Ali Baba's 40 fails.

Never give up, never lose heart thou desert winds blow there's always a start.

Honey dipped water my throat is parched. Bring me quick a new tale I must start!

40 vails for 40 fails. Oh the love they made, the tales they tell.

Mystic eyes they dance for you. Trapped in Genies lamp one rub will do.

Sultan's treasure, Agrabah waits for you. Are you Sinbad this time or poor Jafar. Or may be the DJ of this tune to Rock Casbah!

So come, sit close, hold money purse tight. For all the gold that glitters can't buy the love tonight.

She dances she twirls in this Harem such pretty girls. Come, come, now 40 veils. On camel's back 40 fails!

Morocco to Zanzibar a Sultan's ransom. How about that one she must be handsome? One hand in your pocket the other your heart. Only 40 veils where to start?

The music is nice is it not? On a night like this is much too hot. Watch as they dance. And fan the fire. 40 veils go higher, higher!

Are you lost in their embrace or their memory? When did the music start? It's been so long. 40 fails start or 40 fails gone?

The trickster of the desert has your heart. And Shaharazad has a thousand tales. No beggar wins this game only chaff to the flame!

With all its delights, you may survive Arabian Nights. But no mere mortal survives an Arabian girl.
~~~~~~
A song was brought to my attention by Voo Voo another member of G+. And it immediately grabbed me. I searched for quite some time to find that exact rendition to no avail. But I had some luck as Amazon has quite a few versions of it.
There's something about the music and the tone. I figured if it's not my last this should definitely be one of my last posting to Google Plus. I only wish I was better at this to make it even more Grand!

Comments

  1. Beautiful write, i enjoyed the verses about Arabian girls. I want hear more stories about Arabian girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If any others come out of me I'll be more than happy to write about them. LOL

      Delete
    2. https://bluevineyard.blogspot.com/2019/03/habibi-my-love.html

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews