They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Big Sky

I am not as big as the sky. But I must find my place in it. 

To the optimistic the journey must be a happy one because that's all they can accept. To the pessimistic it is a journey of endless possible traps and drain holes.

In truth it's just a journey. It's a big sky, and I must find my place in it. From here I don't see any support. From here I don't see any Joy. From here I don't see the Assassins that lurk just behind that cloud on the left. From here I don't see.

I'll get closer and see how the clouds shape. See how much of the sky I can find my place in. See if there's welcoming support just behind the group of clouds on the right.

Maybe a companion just over the horizon. For I left my soul, she stayed on behind me. Perhaps waiting for the ground to swallow her up. Many choose to do that. But I have the sky, and I want to find my place in it.

I wonder does it see me down here racing to reach it? When I get closer will it reveal the path to my place? When I journey to my place, will it be the end of my beginning or the beginning of my end?

I am not as big as the sky and that is why the sky is so beautiful. Because it's bigger than my mistakes.

Comments

  1. Very cool and optimistic flow my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the lastlines so much dear poet.
    I had told your friends about you..They also asked you and sent their love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I am not as big as the sky."
    Good stuff dad 💚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you very much. But I'm still not buying you a pony LOL

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews