They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Silence



I'm not silenced by your accusations. I'm not silenced by your proclamations. Nor am I silenced by your popularity. Not by your supposed goodness. Or your unquestionable beauty. Your oration does not move me to quiet. Your righteousness does not hold me still. Even less does your logic hold my tongue. Not your money, your position, or your spirit. None of these have the strength to cause my silence.

Your cries for mercy although unheard don't keep me silently waiting. Your so-called pain and longing, does nothing to stop the loosening of my lips. Your fantasy travels of spirit leave me little in the way of words but would not stop those same words from flow. It is in nothing you show that holds back my voice. Were this all you possessed you would wish for my silence.

I'm amazed I can feel this way about someone, but that wouldn't stop me. At times I feel more than I can process, but that wouldn't slow me down. Fear of repeated rejection looms over like the shadow of Hell itself, but I would still find a way. It would be my daily affirmation to not remain in silence.

It is indeed only your lack of Truth that keeps me in Silence.
~~~~~~~~~

Were I a bird to fly away, far from this land. Far from you. To fly higher than the memories. Far from you. Far from the terrors and the darkness. Far from you. Long above the betrayal and the pain. Far from you.

Then I would Sing!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews