They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Footsteps on a path



If you walk in the footsteps, then know that you follow the path of a blindfolded man. Handcuffed and told to walk until I drop. I started this journey in the Sun. Feeling warm. Following what I thought was the light. But to a blindfolded man there is no light, only his imagination. Walk long enough and you'll give in and give up your sanity. I have walked into the blizzard of the final leg of the journey. Where the warm once caressed my cheeks now the bitter cold eats away at the same.

If these are the steps you follow, come across me and if dropped remove my handcuffs because they chafe. But leave my blindfold for I do not wish to see what I have come to. Bury me and say kind words.

If it is I that follows your path, walk it straight and double back. Journey to the sweeter smelling things in life. Be watchful of the rocky places for I have fallen and have unhealing cuts. Travel the leeward side of the mountain, for the bitter wind we face surely does bite me twice. Mark the ground with any sustenance you may share, with a rose. That I might find it in my darkness.

If these are the steps that I follow may you circle round and find me. If I have dropped know that I was honored to walk in the path of a gracious guide. Remove my blindfold so that you may see who you led. But leave my handcuffs for I have dropped in bondage and will travel that way inspirit without you.
~~~~~

Dedicated to Leslie Henick
The question is not which one of us leads on this path. The question is why is one of us walking backwards? LOL

Comments

  1. Hi..my friend.
    How are you doing?
    Hoping your all friends doing well.
    This one is like sad writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I was going for sad with a giggle in the footnotes. ha ha
      I'm always working on doing better and thank you for asking!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews