They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Red Arrakis

Far into the deep desert. Out where the sun sets red. The fremen of the oldest tribes recite the legend of the ship that sails where there is no water. Upon that ship sails a Captain with no ocean. Never to dock at any sietch for no sietch is an island and no island docks Arrakis.

"We who have few stand back to back. For if we do not cover our backs, our enemies shall surely take them!"

This is the cry that can be heard on the desert breeze at dusk. She is out there. Who covers her back? Who would stand back to her back? They say that's why she sails. They say that even Shai-hulud blows wind for her travels. All have seen her but yet she's never seen.

Muad'dib has spoke of this great lady. This Duchess of the sand of sea. Of the wind that blows at Red dusk. As for me, I ride the worm. What time do I have to dream and wander the sands in search of a ship that sails? That sails the sands. Where stands a captain. A Red Duchess...
~~~~~~~~~

To one day strip clean of this stillsuit. To one day feel free of the burden of the tribe. To be free of the enemies at my back. To ride the worm no more.... No, Muad'dib needs me to profit to the lands west. And the old man of the desert carries me onward.

Rest and dreams will come to me when my task has been retired.

A ship with no water. A Captain with no ocean. Duchess that sails a Red dusk.....
~~~~~~~~

To a friend that sails with her back uncovered.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews