They like me! Oh no, they like me....

April Showers

There's a May in May. I've even met a June in June. But they'll have their time all too soon. There's an April in April. I'm a writer not a singer but I'll whistle a tune.

Though April Showers may come your way. They bring the flowers that bloom in May. Maybe she's singing. Maybe she'll dance. Maybe in April she'll have her chance.

Twelve months to this year. Three down now to four. There's an April in April, but I've said that before. Loving mother. Distant friend. Well this isn't a birthday tribute so let me start again.

Nope, just something in April for April, before the fools come out. Just something in April for April something to write about. My pen was all ready and brain twisted in shots. Trying to come up with something for the 1st of April, some rhymes and whatnots.

Then I thought to myself and then came a clue. There's an April in April! So I figured what to do. April is April and she does this and that. She can be quite fierce oh, I heard she swings a mean Bat. She can be nice she giggles a lot. She can be devoted she has a big heart. So of all the things that April can do, she can be April in April and be much a to do.

April Fool's jokes come and April Fool's jokes go. But I couldn't think of any, so I had nothing to show. So I thought and I thought, and I did what I did. Then she came to me!, and I said "That's it kid!" "There's an April in April!" I about flipped my lid.

So with rhymes in hand I post this up. An offering to the gods of April Fool's, I hope it's enough. No April Fool's joke, that was never the plan. Just some foolish rhymes from a foolish hand.

There's an April in April! Beat that if you can!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews