They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Keep Rising



Why? Asked the Prophet.
Well that's an interesting story. Stop me if you've heard it.

One day in the dreary sadness that is life I thought to stand tall amidst my pain and lostness. I stood defiant to my jailer. (Yes, on that day I was in good stead.) I stood fast and spoke....

Though the Lord has sentenced me to stand and bear your yoke! (My Warden smiled.)
I will not submit to your will! Or the horse you rode in on!

(Which came out more like)

My Warden smiled still, as the brimstone flew from his nostrils. He made no move as he told me, 
"But you are the horse I rode in on."

And with that I was back in the pit at the bottom of the hill poised once again to push the stone back up the hill...

Adolph!, how's it hanging dude? Keep your head up only a million or so years left to go for you. Hey Caligula, thought you should know they got about two movies about you up there. Oh my is that you? Lizzie Borden I haven't seen you in a month of Sundays. I almost didn't recognize you without the axe. so how have you been?

Don't start with me. You know they have me helping with Adolf over there. And let me tell you it's not a fun job.

Well you know, if you want to work for the man, you got to work his plan.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I've heard it all before. And why are you back down here again by chance?

Well you know me. I was feeling good about myself.

Tell me you didn't tell him what you thought again?

Well, why should I stop now. Besides I kind of missed you guys down here. Hey, is that who I think it is over there? Is that Gandhi?! What in the from under cheese world is he doing down here?!

Don't get it twisted. He's on the exchange program they started while you're up there. He's here to teach us humility, in the chance that we learn something.

Well ain't this just all kinds of a bitch. I'm gone for just a little while and you guys go getting religion!

Well you know that old saying, "No Rest For The Wicked."

Well, with that in mind I guess I should go ahead and get started back up this hill. Besides I'm sure he can't wait to hear what I tell him next time.

You know, he probably wouldn't be so hard on you if you would just give in to him.

I know, I know. But I met a Profit up there and she said always be optimistic in the face of true bullshit.

So as I started back up the hill with my own personal Boulder of torture, I just started whistling a nice little tune.

I may never be chosen. But I will always know who I am!

Comments

  1. Lol... well why not be optimistic? True bull shit is still bull shit. Welcome to the jungle, we play fun and games 🤫🤭

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol your own worst enemy and your best friend is always yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews