They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Perceptions

Their perceptions of what I think are seen through their eyes. So they have little resemblance to my sight.

The masses have built a place for me. But without knowing my dimensions it is unlikely to ever fit.

The priests have promised to pray for me. They point to the wrong Mecca. I exist outside of their Deities jurisdiction. 

For years I thought my 3rd eye blinded. I see now that it only turned away from sights it was well beyond tired of seeing.

To have riches in their eyes but pockets bear in my own. The choice to give them what they want but to always be left wanting.

I don't dream of far away, ever after, the future, no. For right now I set sight to the end of the day.

My assassins send me greetings and well wishes even as the wounds from their attacks still bleed.

So many love me. But they don't know me. They don't know that I don't spell love with an H.

I keep the words I've given. Others keep the words they never spoke. So now we sit and point fingers at each other for oath breaking.

I sit in the dark because the light shows how ugly it all truly is. I only remember now that as ugly as it looks it feels the same to.

There are many types and ways to be ignorant. I have hated theirs so long because it reminds me so much of mine.

I am no good to anyone this way. But this is the way. And no one is any good to me. So one more cask of bitter wine to open? Why not. I'm not driving home. I'm already there.
~~~~~~~~

Given unto me, this day my daily bread. Yet another time to write what I said. Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray to my God my soul to rest from weep. May he build me high castle wall, and keep me safe from all of yawl…
Amen

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews