They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Nurse Betty

Nurse Betty stethoscope at the ready takes my pulse warm and steady. She fluffs my pillows she thinks it's petty. But it means the world to me I'd even throw confetti. 

You see, to her I'm just patient in a coma. Somewhere from Oklahoma. What does it matter maybe Barcelona. Everyone thinks I'm gone and never coming back. Just a man who's out, flat on his back. But I'm still here, trapped inside. Alone with my thoughts, not formaldehyde. 

She's the bright spot of my days. I always look forward to her perfume, her sway. Always Nurse Betty stethoscope at the ready. Beautiful hair and eyes always holding my pulse real steady. With kiss to cheek and prayer to sky. What a lucky man am I. 

I wonder what I would say, if I could only speak today? Nurse Betty would you please stay? Would you marry me today?Could we find green meadow to play? Her eyes so gentle and soft. I wish I could tell her with even a cough. Her hand so gentle at my wrist. If only I could tell her this. Just make a fist! 

Oh Nurse Betty stethoscope at the ready, I dream of you if you can call it that. Of me a King and you Queen and other matters of fact. You lay your head upon my brow. My heart skips a beat can you hear that now? 

I wish I'd pass but you'd call me back. Oh I wish that we could chat. I'd tell you stories and fluff your pillows. I'd hold your wrist steady, pray for you, and wish for you glory. Live out my days and never sleep. Never give you a moment to weep. 

I feel the Sun upon my face. With your soft hands chasing away any tears with haste. Oh Nurse Betty how I love thee if I could only rise and wake you'd see. If it would not bring alarm how I'd love to hold you in my arm. 

  Nurse Betty but for now I just have a waking sleep. As you lay a kiss upon my cheek. Parting is such sweet sorrow. I will love you forever now until tomorrow....
~~~~~~ 

Doctor! Come quick! The patient is waking up! He saying Betty! 

Comments

  1. that was sweetly funny and unusual. I've been in a coma. A very scary
    and bizarre experience. You can't tell whether something is real or not.
    And when you come out of it, the sense of unreality stays with you for a long time.
    I wrote a poem in my head while in the coma and wrote it down later. Strangest thing
    you ever read! The worst part of the whole thing is that you can hear everything
    going on around you, you feel still alive but you also fear that you may be dead and
    only dreaming. I still remember the nurses' voices. Some kind, some very cold and
    un-feeling. If they only knew you are lying there listening to every un-funny joke
    and laugh!!! You want to scream at them but you can't. Your nurse Betty sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and if she was real she would be even nicer. Lol

      Delete
  2. https://bluevineyard.blogspot.com/2020/08/coming-out-of-coma.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need for something seemingly tragic to have a happy hopeful beginning. So I wrote one. Thanks for reading it.

      Delete
    2. I thought you had found your nurse....???

      Delete
    3. Lol I have been cheated by the Democratic and Republican systems of systemic tampering. I am appealing to the Supreme Court and will see if they can overturn the last count!

      Delete
  3. Ha..ha...ha....dear friend๐Ÿ˜€

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews