They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Penny for your thoughts



Penny for your thoughts? As if.

The pointlessness is closing in. The rooms filled with luminosity are dimming. The hallways of imagination still stretch on. But now their infinite paths stretch out Into darknes. There can now be seen, dust on my intentions. And long ago spotted rust on my dreams. The vultures and other carrion eaters all driven away. But driven away too late to see the carcass they feasted on.

What's left cries out for vengeance! What's christian cries for mercy. What's logic cries out for reason. What's heart cries out... what's me just sits and watchs the lights go out.

This is the winter of discontent. This is the season that is "Tis". Always beginning with a treat, but ending with a trick. This is again the opening to a nightmare carnival. To which "Something Wicked This Way Comes." With Jack O'Lantern doorman to bid you welcome to the nightmare within. This is the time when the sun shines cold. The Bountiful table is unthankful. And the Christmas cheer is only cheered in beer. When even father time sulks out the back door and abandons the new year. But it all begins on this dead leaf turning candy drive.

There's a story behind everything. There's a reason, even if not science, for every season. And every dog must have its day. But I am no dog in today. What's on my mind? Once valued in the millions. Now so much confederate currency. Valued only as an oddity. "Penny for your thoughts." If only they were worth that much.
~~~~~



Please Lucy, don't make me try to kick the ball again. It hurts.

Comments

  1. Img! I was contemplating the same feeling but I could never put it into words, the complex simplicity of it all... ugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...What Nat said..... You put it so succintly and brilliantly into that nutshell. In a way I could not do but wanted to. You really are marvellously gifted. (and I don't say that lightly)

    Now tell me why I hate December.......Voo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to feel better by then. lol

      Delete
    2. me, too but you promised me a penny for my thoughts
      and I was thinking about how I hate December and wondering if you knew why...

      Delete
    3. A gentleman never tells. LOL

      Snitches get stitches!

      Delete
  3. ....so you don't know then..........ha 👀😉

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews