They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Toss a coin and be Thankful

 



Toss a coin. I'll be your Witcher. O Valley of Plenty, for this turn of the leaf, I think not. I have the standard status quo of things to be merrily thankful for. But the quest that I set upon years ago is yet to be fulfilled. But come that Dawn I think I shall have another answer to my questing riddle. The meaning of life? The meaning of happiness? No, just a meaning.


O Valley of Plenty for what have you truly given me? To lie at your feet and blow your horn of many gifts? To suckle at the teat of good and plenty? To drink Golden Mead until eternity beckons me sober? Maybe to play the part of Jester in your eternal games of foolery? O Valley of Plenty what have you truly given me?

Toss a coin I'll be your Witcher, I will. I will hunt down your demons. I will slay your darkness. I will bid my life into the dark places to which you created but no longer command. Toss a coin and I will watch you pray me to be all that I have been brought to vanquish.

Toss a coin at your table. Witness that I am not there. Past the thought as to what I journey tonight. O Valley of Plenty, toss a coin to your Witcher! Toss a coin keep your dollars. Toss a coin keep your cards. Toss a coin keep your sentiment. Toss a coin to your Witcher and spare me your lies.

Toss a coin to your Witcher, O Valley of Plenty. Valley of Plenty? Turn back to a thankful season. Look back on a thankful year. Complement yourselves O Valley of Plenty. With your coin purses full and jingling full of your self-righteousness. I have rendered services. I have slain demons. I have pulled your chains of justice. Now toss a coin to your Witcher and have whatever you think is a Thanksgiving.

Though not all monsters and demons. But even the sweetest maiden can have the sharpest teeth. And those that think their motives pure wheel their swords outside of their sheaths. The denizens of the valley cower in the taverns they call their minds. Where their monstrous woes are created with their eyes blind. And I foolish enough to call myself Witcher to save them. But this is their Thanksgiving so Thanksgiving to all!

May you not forget me to your gluttonous devotions. May you recount me in the light, as you do the myth of your forefathers. May you find it in your fickle hearts and sticky fingers. Toss a coin. I am a Witcher. And I have more than the status quo of things to be thankful for.  
Chief among them not being vanquished by you.......





Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews