They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Free



A man who is truly free can never be a slave unto anyone but himself.

My eyes are free. And they have gone places that I cannot return to. My arms are free. They are never to be obligated to hold on to anyone. My lips are free. They are promised to no one. My mind is free. It owes thought to no one.

Such a pity. I cannot tell you the stories of where my eyes have seen. Nor can I tell you the meaning of my arms holding you. Not even to form the words from my lips to yours.

But to my mind, thoughts of you are as free as I ever was.

Comments

  1. beautiful write. very tender. I like this side of you..... smile
    you have a gift for expressing emotion unlike anyone I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews