They like me! Oh no, they like me....

The fate of the Rodeo Clown

There's the Barrel and the Bull.
The rider doesn't matter. His safety doesn't matter. The crowd doesn't matter. Not the weather. Not the prize money.

There's the Barrel and the Bull.
No one will help him choose. Neither choice is particularly brave. Every individual sends up a cheer. But not everyone cheers for the same thing. Some for the safety of the Barrel. Some for the horns of the Bull.

There's the Barrel and the Bull.
Either way you're only there for entertainment. No one truly cares what choice you make. Only how much stimulation you can give them for their admission ticket.

There's only the Barrel and the Bull.
On the inside they're the only two choices that matter. Even after choosing one it only just begins again. It never really truly ends does it? All of life, all of the expectations, all of the ups and downs. They all just come to this one thing.

There's only the Barrel and the Bull.
The metaphorical costumes we wear. The all-too-real makeup we hide behind. The heartfelt altruistic mission we give ourselves.

So this is the fate of the Rodeo Clown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~


Artwork can be bought here:
https://fineartamerica.com/featured/rodeo-clown-pechez-sepehri.html

Comments

  1. WOW!!!! what a write! just amazing, James.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you are aware that if you keep complimenting me, I'm going to assume that you're proposing. I want to shoot for a June wedding! LOL.

      Delete
  2. lol lol in that case, I do. sorta.........lol lol
    I'm just calling it like I sees it! It takes a great writer
    and a deep mind to impress me! (or marry me) (or handle me)
    (or tolerate me) lol Keep it up, Hemingway!😁🤩

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews