They like me! Oh no, they like me....

To: The great unknown

Original post 6/5/17

To: The great unknown
I hope someone reads it. I hope someone understands it. I don't know what to call this. Too many voices. Too many thoughts. Maybe I'll just call it TOO MANY

I have nothing to offer but the need to offer. I have no service to render but I need to serve. I have vast caverns of love Now empty and prone to echo. I have wisdom of color in a black and white society. I have a relationship and am servant of God to which he has moved on from me. I have joy no longer relevant to this reality.

Gazing at her eyes I chance to brush the hair so I can melt in her gaze...... There was no hair only wind, there were no eyes, trick of the light.....

Did you hear the one about the two people who walked into a bar?.... There's no one there... Who was I speaking to? 

I will let no harm come to you! No one gets past me!.... There's no one to my front not even the answer of the wind. There's no one to my rear. who am I defending from whom?

I tried to speak today. All that could come forth was a deluge sorrow and pain. So much so I didn't know where I was in the dialogue.

I spoke again when it was safe and the rivers had crested back into their beds. I was besieged by rage and hate hotter than the core.

I am not the me you see. I am not what was wished to be. I seem to be the one to flee. Though this is the place to make a plea. To write it down in poetry.

Comments

  1. James, I truly do enjoy your writings even though I may not always understand the depth of them. However; this line "I have nothing to offer but the need to offer." I love this line. I can identify with this line for this is how I feel for everything I do in my life no huge explanation, it just is. I might use this more often as I did not really know how to describe it and this is perfect. The seeker always seeks. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol We DM's have to stick together.

      Now if we can just do for ourselves...

      Delete
  2. Right? I'm working on that immediately 😉

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews