They like me! Oh no, they like me....

A Wonder of a Woman


I was told once. A story by the Prophet.
"That not all of the residents of the island of Themyscira play by the rules."
There are some who like Mexican food. Play American basketball. Garden and have pets.

They are every bit as unshakable here as they are unflinching there. Warriors? Maybe, but not all. Royal Blood? No, statuesque and regal nevertheless. They laugh, they cry, they wear costumes on Halloween. A Star? Without a doubt. From time to time they even live here.

I met an independent citizen on Independence Day. We watched Netflix. Who would have guessed that they'd be subscribers. We watched, we ate, and we talked. So much ground to be covered. So much trust cemented. With the both of us so far away from our lands. To be found now in a land so far locked away.

Strange. Awkward. Unquestionably alluring. Undeniably intimidating. Arguably powerful. Amazingly everyday approachable. Cheek squeezable pet owner. Innocently playful. Deceptively trusting. The adjectives roll off of a tongue that barely fits in its mouth.

At times she seemed questing. And others more aloof. No doubt a skilled tactician or maybe just a savant. She spoke that she was a left-handed Gemini. Odd thing that, so was I. As the god Bast lead my people, could she have led her to me? Maybe overly optimistic. Would her Zeus even allow such? Friend, foe, or something new?

No matter. My father taught, to trust in few but watch of all. Any, can be enemies. Few can be friends. And lesser numbers go beyond. So Wakanda watched Themyscira, watch Netflix, while the gods stood watch. De tante can be found in the strangest of places, in the most distant of lands, at the strangest of times.

I've been told there are others on Themyscira that are on all ends of the spectrum. I've been told of their many wants, but there few needs. From numerous trips to the Wakandan library, I've read the books and seen the maps and wondered of all the wonders that can be seen on that one Island. But I find in this one there's more than enough Wonder to this one Woman...
Wakanda Forever!!

Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews