Another Big Bang Theory
Another Big Bang Theory
by James Ray the “Phantom Texter”
September 2026
Lighten up, this won’t hurt…. much.
Waking up early… Who am I lying to. Waking up late one morning, one of the facets of my personality decided to assault me! Not the first one for the first time. But let’s just call it the nefarious Geek Brain! It had a hypothesis and as hypothesis go it turns out this one wasn’t so far-fetched. And yes I checked.
Okay boys and girls. Imagine if you will a reality of darkness... No it doesn’t make much sense but then again it’s not your reality so it doesn’t have to. Put your hands down I just started! Nevertheless it’s a reality of darkness, what you might call Dark Matter. Spooky spooky. Then imagine in another reality a universe with all of its existence collapsed into one massive black hole. And upon the last ingestion of the last bit of matter from that reality, the singularity ripped through the dimensional substrate that separates all of the dimensions. Kinda like that last White Castle hamburger you knew you shouldn’t have eaten. It ripped through and created a hole that was unmeasurable. What you might call a singularity. But once the rip was formed this blackhole emptied itself and everything into this dark dimension. You know what I’m talking about. Or do I need the reference that last White Castle hamburger again? In what would come to be known as a Big Bang. Oh yeah, you’re feeling me.
And much like a school bus full of children on a school trip to a candy store, things went everywhere fast! I can still remember the horror. Little Billy never came back. And Susan will never be the same. The pressure and density was immense! Definitely something you couldn’t just measure with a scale. The massive black hole had a density greater than neutronium but on a galactic scale. All of a reality shoved into an unmeasurable point in space and then released! So you have expansion, a bang, a Big Bang. The speed doesn’t really matter. There is more substance coming out than I would even bother to try and mention. If you’ve ever pull things out of a clogged toilet you know, you don’t even want to think about it.
But let’s say the fastest it can come out and into existence is the speed of light. And let’s say that’s a rule from the dimension it all came from. So it was limited in what it could do as far as speed limits. Ignoring for the moment the rule of when in Rome do as the Romans. But just for a moment.
Now imagine the rules of the dark dimension do allow for the coexistence of two objects occupying the same spot until one asserts dominance over the other. And again their rules not the interlopers. And imagine as this new interloper manifests itself into the dimension, the density is not constant. The bonds that hold the interlopers matter, waiver and fluctuate. Imagine if you will that in spots where the strength of the bonds are weaker that the existing residents of the dimension begin to permeate through and into the visitor. Think of it as laying a piece of tissue paper on top of a wet surface. The wet substance doesn’t permeate the tissue paper simultaneously in an instant. It starts in spots depending on variables. It looks dark. Spooky, spooky, my God they’re coming to get me! Good grief it’s just you. Stop walking up behind me!
Think of it more as where the dark matter can reassert itself it pushes to make room against the out-of-towners. Thereby speeding their progress beyond their own capabilities. A lot like that Aunt who you want to hurry up and get out of your house. She can only walk so fast. That is, until you start to help her walk faster! I’m sorry aunt Agnes but you really were getting on my nerves. In the metaphor it spreads the expansion faster than the speed of light. Thereby explaining the observation that objects are moving away from us and it would seem they’re moving faster than the speed of light. Also that there are dark voids that they have christened Dark Matter that seemed to be propping up and pushing out existing matter and ignoring the rules. My geek brain says our rules are not their rules and they were here first! It was quite insistent on that. You might even say a little insanely mad! Yes I have his medication ready. Every morning at 11, doctor’s orders.
I listen to this knowing full well I had a thousand things to do and I’m already writing three stories, flying drones, a filthy house, and the pièce de résistance taxes I should have done last year. You know what, now that I think about it maybe I’ll just play a little hokey and write this up for my internal geek. He may be more insistent but at least unlike listening to my dirty lizard brain, who makes me want to take a shower after listening to him, I won’t get a call from my mental HR department.
Anyway, Food for thought, welcome to my world. Now move over all your glittery star systems are giving me a headache! (Insert sinister laughter)



Comments
Post a Comment